Who wants dark underarms? No one of course! It lessens one’s confidence and limits what you can wear. For example, if you have dark underarms, sleeveless clothes are a big no-no for you.
Dark underarms are caused by dead skin cells build up and hyper-pigmentation. It is also usually caused by the repetitive use of products that are heavily-laden with chemicals like deodorants, shaving creams and etc. Underarm hair will also make your armpits look dark.
But did you know that there are quick and easy ways to lighten up your dark underarms? Try any of these 8 remedies:
- Place thin potato slices under your arms and rub it for 5-10 minutes twice a day. Potato is mildly acidic and is a natural bleaching agent. Potato is more gentle than a lemon and can be applied to sensitive skin.
- Use lemon juice. Just press the lemon juice on your armpits for a few minutes, then rinse it off. Lemon juice is a natural bleacher and stronger than potatoes, so don’t use it if you have sensitive skin. Lemon naturally exfoliates skin on your armpits.
- Remove underarm hair by waxing. Waxing will remove the hair from roots to tips, and the blemishes you can get from shaving will be avoided. The hair will also grow back finer.
- Exfoliate with brown sugar and lemon juice scrub. This scrub can effectively exfoliate skin on your underarms. If you are irritated with lemon juice use coconut oil or olive oil instead.
- Leave chunks of papaya in your underarms for 20 minutes then wash it off. Papaya is rich in papain which removes dirt and dead skin cells.
- Rub cucumber slices on your underarms about twice a day, leave it for 10 minutes then wash off. Cucumber is a natural skin lightener.
- Use baking soda with some water and rub it on your underarm then wash off. Baking soda is also a natural exfoliator and skin whitener.
- Make an orange peel paste by grinding dried orange peel in the blender to create powder then add small amount of milk until the mixture turns to thick paste. Scrub the paste on your underarms for 10 minutes then rinse it off. Orange peel and the lactic acid from milk are good lightening agents.
So what are you waiting for? Start now and you’ll be more confident of yourself and you can wear new clothes in no time.
Note: If you have a disease like diabetes, hyperthyroidism or other endocrine disorders that causes darkness of the underarms, the mentioned ways will not be applicable to you. You have to treat first the underlying disorder.
Source: Perfect Beauty (YouTube Channel)