Back in college, dark circles are evidence of long and arduous nights of studying (well that’s not the case for everyone of course). Whatever dark circles represent, it doesn’t matter, they’re ugly! Dark circles, though serious looking, are relatively easy to get rid of from the comfort of your home.
If you’ve developed dark circles and are worried you’re going to be stuck with them forever, don’t be. These 6 home remedies for dark circles will remove them for good. Check them out!
Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
You probably didn’t know, but combining these ingredients will give you an invisible shield that will keep you from incoming attacks of viruses and bacteria.
A lot can be written about beneficial properties of olive oil, but it is important to add that in combination with lemon juice it becomes an extremely powerful weapon in the fight against viruses, bacteria and the body returns the lost energy.
You can make this healthy “cocktail” by mixing one spoon of olive oil and lemon juice (preferably homemade) and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. After that you normally eat breakfast.
In addition to restoring power and cleansing the body of toxins, it will improve you and your digestive system, so you will benefit and very likely lose excess weight. If you have digestive problems such as constipation, it will completely cure them.
After a few days of use of this elixir, you will feel healthy and the changes will inspire you to resort to a healthier lifestyle.
A completely natural ingredient that benefits skin around your eyes, almond oil helps lighten dark circles. Combine almond oil with vitamin E oil (you can buy Myra-E serum capsule and prick those cute capsules) and your dark circles will be history. Plus, these ingredients really something that’s a staple in every household.
Here’s how to use almond oil:
- Before sleeping, apply some almond oil over your dark circles and massage it gently into the skin;
- Leave the oil on overnight;
- Wash it off with cold water next morning;
- Repeat this every day until your dark circles are gone.
You always see this trick in movies. You remember those fancy celebrities with cucumbers in their eyes while relaxing in a spa? Well, there’s a reason beyond gloss. With skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, cucumbers are completely equipped to fix those raccoon eyes. Better yet, they are soothing and refreshing too.
Here’s what to do with cucumbers:
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick slices and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Place the slices on the dark circles for about 10 minutes.
- Thoroughly wash the area with water.
- Repeat this process twice a day for one week to see results.
Potatoes have vital natural bleaching agents. When used raw, potatoes can help lighten dark circles and reduce excess puffiness around your eyes.
- Grate a couple of chilled potatoes to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it on your closed eyes.
- Make sure the juice covers the dark circles entirely.
- Allow the juice to sit for about 15 minutes and rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
There’s a reason mothers always advise their children to rinse their eyes with Rose Water when they’re sore. It not only rejuvenates skin and reduces dark circles but also has a soothing effect on tired eyes. Due to its mild astringent properties, it also works well as a skin toner.
Here’s what to do:
- Soak cotton eye pads in rose water for a few minutes.
- Place the soaked pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
Tomato, the fruit that’s used like a vegetable, is known to naturally possess powerful bleaching properties that can lighten skin very effectively.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Gently apply this mixture on your dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off well with cool water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for 2 – 3 weeks to see results.
They say. “A person travels the entire world in search of something that he finds at home”. So don’t go looking elsewhere for expensive cures to dark circles; they’re all right there in your kitchen.